Saturday, September 09, 2006

Learn a song, every day!

I've decided to do something useful, and also so that my skills don't slip while I'm here.

I've noticed that my 'ear' in listening to music has gradually taken a turn for the worse, also because of the lack of my playing the piano regularly. So I have decided to start learning one new song every day. Obviously not easy pop songs, but harder stuff, jazz or funk stuff.

So today I started with Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity. I know Chong plays it all the time but I never bothered to ask him how to play it. It's a cool song, I've been listening to a lot more funk-type music lately. It was pretty frustrating for a while, trying to figure out the chords in F#!! But finally, I got it!

So a song a day keeps the bad ear away.

P.S. I heard a great song on this new Disney movie I watched called The Wild (Seki, you might like it, CG). The song was by Lifehouse, called: Good Enough. Go listen to it. Or maybe here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home