Saturday, August 12, 2006

Playing the Kurzweil...and seeing Alli!

Today, or Friday (yesterday), I met up with Allison. It was great seeing her after so long, I couldn't even recognise her voice on the phone the first time.
We met up around Sakuragicho (pretty near Yokohama inner city) and walked around the Minatomirai area to Landmark Tower. Had a drink at Starbucks and caught up. All the stuff that we've been doing in Japan and whatnot. We then trekked (literally trekked, it was HOT!) to Chinatown, where we went into some kind of museum, got dressed up in some traditional Chinese dress, met one of the staff I work with (mega coincidence), watched some small Chinese opera with only two actors (was pretty cool), then had dinner at the ONE place I've had dinner at in Chinatown..hahaha. It was the only guaranteed cheap kind of place, I think. Except when I went to pay for the bill, I saw the bill the previous guy was paying for. 56,000Y!!!! That's about $660!! We didn't spend anywhere near that...












Then! I went to the church in Ishikawacho that Dennis directed me to when I first got here. I met this guy Gary a long time ago, and for a while he'd been trying to get a band together and rehearse together. Tonight was the first night! Was pretty exciting, but when I saw the skill and calibre of these guys, I got scared. I'm OK at the keys yeah, but the electric guitarist and bass player were crazy! And what's more, the guitarist, who looks like 28, is 21! And is an absolute freak. What's more, they both jumped on each other's instruments and played insane. I felt pretty intimidated. I always seem to be playing with people that are better than me. It's a blessing I guess. Anyway, we were practicing simple Hillsong songs. Gary's the leader of the band; he's got a vision to save these guys and to bring this band on the road. I'm all for it; if it does happen, I may not be coming home in March. We'll see where this goes, but I'm excited. And I got to play the Kurzweil!!! Sick instrument.

Anyway, was an awesome day. Awesome day. AND! I'm going to Malaysia soon!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home