Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rice.

Ok, just in case you didn't know...and its very important for all people Asian.
Rice here in Japan is ridiculously expensive!!! Oh and its a full moon tonight, I just realised. I'm sitting on the hard laundry floor using someone else's internet.

Ok, back to rice. There is this grocery shop called the 99 Yen store (there's a unbelievably kiddy song that plays in the store just saying the number 9, kyu in japanese, I'll teach you when I see you!) and its the cheapest store to buy things, although not the best quality stuff. Anyway, I figure rice is gonna be cheapest there. Guess what? They sell a 2.5kg bag for 980Y, which is roughly $11.70. Now what kind of freak Asian is gonna spend that much on something they eat everyday!? So no, not for me. I will have to go to my local Yoshinoya and enjoy the yakinikudon to get my taste of rice. See how much I miss Melbourne...and all its wonderful flavours?

AND! If you're reading this, then you should know, Amanda is starting a blog TOO! Go read it, coz its 1000 times easier to read, and also 1000 times more interesting. Amanda, go on and do a farewell. You'll feel a little better about leaving. Although, 5-7 months is not so bad. But who knows, you might not come back :|

P.S. This new template seems to space the font better. :)

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol....i kinda hate rice. Aussie food all the way! lol

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger amanda said...

hey bryan....happy mothers' day.
hahahaha

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha rice...man im still sooo jealous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home