Friday, April 21, 2006

Another day in the life

6:39pm, just came back from work and had a shower. Had a DECENT day at work today. Crap that I'm working overtime and had to wake up so early. Good that I had two no-shows today (meaning the students didn't come for their lessons, so I just get to sit around). No-shows generally only happen when I have a scheduled Man-to-Man. If there's two or more students scheduled, its almost certain that at least one will show up. And its different for different branches as well. In Tsunashima, most students seem to come when they book a class. But recently I've had a few no-shows per week, which is pretty decent. The start of the day didn't really fly unfortunately because I picked hard lessons to teach, and its generally more frustrating for both teacher and student. And then I went stupid and got McDonalds on my break. I figured since I haven't eaten it in a while I should just get it. Anyway, the coolest thing in Japan (I'm sorry if I've said this before) is that you can upgrade your fries and not your drink!!! :):):) That's key for me.

It was a stupid idea. I was so tired for the last half, as if I wasn't tired enough for the first half of the day. I had a voice lesson straight after my lunch break; basically I went into the voice room and waited for some students to show because there wasn't anybody there. I slept in the voice room for 15 minutes before one student showed up and we talked for about 30 minutes. The rest of the day was pretty cruisy. I had another no-show for my second last lesson which was good. Last voice was pretty good too. Talked about Kawashimochi, which is the name of the sweet that is traditionally eaten on Children's day (Kodomonohi, May 5th). One of the students works at a sweet company so he says he's quite busy and probably will have to work through Golden Week. Then those paper fish (carp) on poles that they stick up are called Koi...dang I can't remember, but Koi means carp, so the special asian fish that you might have heard of before.

Anyway on the way back from work, I smelt something AWESOME!!! It smelt like someone was cooking char kuay teow in their house...oh how much I miss Chinese food. I really do. I can't wait to go to Singapore. Joel, have food ready for me when I get there!! Hehehe :)

I was just thinking last night how much I like working instead of studying. Except I don't really like it that much, but the whole earning my own keep is certainly a fulfilling experience. But studying...I was just done with it at the end of 5 years, so this is a somewhat welcome holiday. I think that will wear off though, maybe in a couple of weeks or months when I finally realise I don't want to be doing this forever...so why the heck am I here anyway? I'll deal with that question when the time arises. For now I'm going to try and have a little bit of fun.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bryan-san!
hehe
it seems like ur doing great in Japan...How's your japanese coming along? =) hehe

anyways..just tot i pop by since i found out u got a blog from your long email u've sent. so blog more.

oo btw. my blog is www.xanga.com/cynz if u want to know.

so take care! God blesS~*
Jaa~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home