Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Song that's touched my heart

At the Cross - Hillsong (Mighty to Save)
At the cross I bow my knee
Where your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this
You have overcome the grave
Glory fills the highest place
What can separate me now?


Those are the chorus words, and the first time I listened to them, they just touched my heart in a strange way I've never really felt before. I just straight away knew: this is a powerful song. Do yourself a favour and listen to it, possibly even if you don't happen to believe in God :).

Anyway, hilarious story today. I was talking with a student about "Asking for Assistance." I won't give the actual conversation because it wasn't that funny, but the general situations in this lesson are supposed to be one person asking their friend for help, eg. look after the kids, water the plants, pick me up from the station, etc.
This student I had is a very fun student, and so she came up with, "Could you help me...my house, fire...could you help me...stop fire?"
I couldn't respond because it was so outrageous, and I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 seconds! Completely rendered incapable fo teaching...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home