Saturday, September 23, 2006

ATTENTION GUYS! Tokyo Game Show!!

OK, the pictures don't really tell a story so I'll just throw them all at the end. But basically I went to the Tokyo Game Show today. Was really far away, in Chiba prefecture, about 1.5 hours away. So I left around 9:10, got there (including 4 trains and some insane queues) about 12:00pm.

It was crazy, and awesome, and strange at the same time. It was held in a huge convention centre in 3 massive halls (Makuhari Messe). Sony, Sega, Capcom, Koei, SqureEnix, KDDI (japanese phone company), Microsoft under the X360, Cykan, and a lot of other companies were flaunting a lot of stuff. But because its Japan, it was a little bit weird. There's a lot of stuff advertised that I didn't understand, and a lot of seemingly old generation type game stuff. But anyway, it was tons of fun. There were lines for the PS3 stuff, so I did line up two times. The first time, I lined up without knowing what game I was going to play because there was a whole row of PS3s showing off different games from Virtua Fighter 5 to some golf game to mahjong! Anyway, I played this weird, simple, not so exciting game called flOw (which is like a really really nice graphically enhanced "Snake" game). The graphics were good, everything HD. Then I lined up for another game called Resistance: Fall of Man, which is an FPS of a futuristic war between aliens and men. This was a great game, except I can't play FPSs on consoles, joysticks SUCK! I played for a while, managed to finish the level, and then had to leave (only 10 minutes!!).

Anyway, stand out games for those that are interested: Lost Planet (X360), Gran Turismo HD (PS3) (this game was gorgeous!), Virtua Tennis 3 (Ps3/X360), Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3), Lair (PS3), and Genji (PS3). Getting to see so many CG movies was a real treat for me; I absolutely love that stuff.

BUT! Let's get to the important stuff, hahaha! The women. Are. Unbelievable. They wore unbelievable clothing, and had unbelievable figures. I'm not gonna say anymore, just have a look at the photos. And also of the rest of the event, hahaha.






1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan!

Man, I'm not sure this is the same guy who left Melbourne just a few short months ago. Such emphasis/focus on the girlies at TGS? =p

Haha...if you haven't figured out by now, I'm just hanging crap on you because I can...and I'm bored at work.

Ewlee's over in Japan now for a fortnight's holiday. Have you met up with her yet?

- Darrell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home