Monday, July 31, 2006

Keeping it real...

DOTA sucks. Hahahaha...actually I suck. But lag also sucks. I think I've ruined every game I've played so far (2). Funnily enough, I managed to be on the winning team the first time. But after this second time, I don't think I'll be playing much online. The lag is just ridiculous, so I just end up giving one team a serious disadvantage. Anyway enough of that.

I MIGHT be going to Malaysia. I really really really hope I get the days off to go to Malaysia. Otherwise it might be a good year before I actually see my parents. This'd be a great vacation if I can actually get it off. It'd be almost 10 whole days on vacation.

I've also started reading Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle. It's kinda weird because I remember reading Sherlock Holmes stories when I was younger. But now that I'm reading them, the language is pretty olden English and tough. I must've read an abridged or modified version. The book isn't really an easy read. But its a good read.

The Japanese lessons are coming along. I learnt how to say when things start and end, open and close (kara, made) and how far it is from one place to the next. My last lesson was about the different days of the month. Like we say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and so on. In Japanese, days 1-10, 14, 20 and 24 have different words to the normal other numbers. Its kinda hard to remember that. But the worst thing to deal with is numbers. So I've taken to counting when I'm walking home. All the way from 1-230 the other day. My throat is so dry by the time I get home...

Oh, one more recent development. I think I might be getting addicted...to coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home