Monday, July 03, 2006

Repercussions

It seems like after all the hubbub everything has finally settled down. Friends are back from holiday (and honeymoon!) and people are all getting back to work, so I don't need to feel so jealous and lonely, hahahaha. But the days have been kind.

Two things here I've discovered I need to avoid. And almost with opposite effect. One is natto (fermented soy beans), which is pretty disgusting, so you may only see a picture here if I pick up the courage or find the stupidity to buy it just so I can show you all back home what it looks like. But, its supposed to be very healthy. Like I could care...
The other (close to home) is McDonalds vouchers. They run amok and plentiful here. In fact, they give them over the counter when you purchase a meal. There are about 20 vouchers on one piece of advertising, so its becoming increasingly harder to avoid eating Maccas for lunch. Thankfully, the discounts aren't huge so it doesn't entice me too much. I should probably watch Super Size Me again just to remind myself of the hole I am digging myself.

I had an extremely funny moment in the voice room today. AOHR! I just forgot I never wrote about my experience in Kamata, which was the first time I worked in another branch. Oh well, I'll be there again in a couple of weeks. I'll write about it then. Anyway, Voice room. I walked in to meet 3 people, 2 of which I hadn't met before. We did introductions; when I got to the person I knew, I'd forgotten her name (as I always do).
So I said, "Sorry, I've forgotten your name."
She replied, "Yes. I haven't come to Nova...two months." "Ooohh," I say.
"I watch World Cup." "Oh ok," (smile).
"And I...ehhhhhh....kidnap....no..not kidnap...." The first thought I had was that a friend of hers had been kidnapped. But I realised she looked far too happy to be saying something like that. So basically I was clueless.
"Uhh...kidnap? No no no..." Here, the other student jumps in, "You mean...take nap?"
"Ahh yes yes yes!! I take nap!"
And all 4 of us burst out laughing. The student put her head to her knees laughing, and didn't look up for a while because she was so embarrassed. EXTREMElY funny! OH! Not to mention the TV show I watched last night. I taped it, it was gold. That's another story...or actually I'll just bring the tape back when I come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home