Sunday, March 11, 2007

The last time

The last day at work was a little sadder than I had imagined. My last lesson was a voice lesson in which some students brought some strange food that I HAD to eat.
Some of the food was surprisingly good, for example, bear meat (from Yamanashi prefecture apparently). Karasumi is dried fish eggs, tasted like really strong cheese! Definitely hard to eat! Umeboshi, sour plum but in the real raw form, this had to be the worst thing I tasted that night. The Chinese ones I'm used to are much better, but this was just...horrible! Hahaha, so positive-sounding I know. Another terrible thing I tried was mozuku, some kind of seaweed jelly soup in a small cup. Between the mozuku and umeboshi, the umeboshi took the crown as the worst thing though, was just too painful to eat. I also ate something called ??giremochi. I can't remember the first part of the word. Tasted great though :)

But I was so happy to finish, hard to believe in a way. Was great to see so many students turn up for my last voice, I was really happy to see everyone. Tomorrow night is my farewell dinner with the teachers and staff. After that, all the celebrations are over and its time to get down to finishing final packing, souvenirs, cancelling internet, cancelling the phone...and getting my monEY!

I'll see you all very very soon :) (:

Bryan

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home